Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Monday, June 6, 2011

Serenity or Insanity

I am now temporarily residing in a beautiful cabin with a waterfall and pool in my backyard, but for the past few months instead of serenity it has been chaos and insanity.

For just under a year I have been unemployed - the way isn' t important, but how I reacted is-first I was angry and relieved, then I became anxious and concerned especially when my spouse also became unemployed, but luckily he is in a field where there are few experts and a lot of positions, so his unemployment was short-lived.  Mine on the other hand is far more difficult - I worked in nonprofit mostly doing fund raising and special events-there are a lot of us out there.

So in March I/we made a life changing decision, since our children are grown and live else where we would put the house up for sale figuring that it would take a couple of months to sell and hopefully we would have a more definitive idea as to our future, but life sometimes throws things into your path.  12 days after listing our home we had a buyer and 1 1/2 months later we planned a move into storage.

We downsized, we eliminated and we moved temporarily into a beautiful cabin in the mountains.  The way I figured it my time has come to be serene, calm and uncluttered.

Imagine my surprise when the very first 3 days were spent without electricity due to a massive power failure in the area.  I was totally disconnected and in my opinion it was the best thing that every happened to me.

Serenity it is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment