Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How do you find your Passion?

When I first became unemployed everyone said to me - "Use the time to find your passion"  But here it is 9 months later and I am still searching.

So the question is - What exactly is passion and I don't mean romantic.  I mean life's passion?  And more importantly can somebody actually help me locate mine?

I love to cook, I love to watch the waterfall out my office window and the peacefulness of the water now trickling over the rocks, but I am pretty sure this isn't my passion.

Can anyone out there give me the directions to locating my passion?

2 comments:

  1. Lois,
    You are the only one who can find your passion as it is unique to you. I believe the answer is found in that something that tugs at your heartstrings,a desire that burns deep inside your soul. It doesn't matter what it is because it is what drives YOU to contentment with yourself and your life that's important. I think we all know what our passion is, but sometimes we just haven't defined it or we lack the courage and confidence to pursue it! I have a little saying I made up that keeps me motivated, "My Passion is Greater than my Fear"
    So until you and your passion have a meeting of the minds, cook lots and enjoy the peacefulness of the waterfall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pay attention to what makes you the happiest.... what makes you feel content, and satisfied. It may not even be one big thing, but a bunch of everyday things. It may also be what you feel most excited about.... when you're talking about something, is there a particular subject that raises your adrenaline and makes you smile?

    ReplyDelete