Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Locating my inner peace

Well on Sunday I turned 54 as birthdays go it was filled with inner peace.  The day itself was cloudy and drizzly but inside it was quiet and peaceful.  Strawberries bought at the Barryville farmers market provided the best Strawberry pancakes with fresh maple syrup to start the day - prepared and served by Scott (breakfast is definitely his meal), then came the Sunday New York Times and a lite lunch.  Being 54 is pretty good so far.

As I have written in other posts my backyard fills me with serenity, today we had so much rain that the waterfall is flowing full force the sound is mesmerizing.

On Thursday I will be leaving the serenity for the pulse of the big city - I will be in NYC for the entire day for a meeting.  This will be the first time I will have left peace, quiet and serenity for an entire day.  I am very interested in seeing my reactions and looking forward to both a day in the city and returning to serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment