Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Can you consider Zumba a part of Serenity?

Last Thursday a couple of friends talked me into going with them to a Zumba class, being that I hadn't had any real intense physical activity in a month and half, I figured why not.  It actually was a lot of fun and physically very demanding, but I wondered if it fit into my summer of serenity.

Would I be better off getting a "workout" through a yoga class - the studio that offers the Zumba also has multiple yoga classes?

There is a part of me that thinks jumping and moving around to loud hip/hop and Latin music is not really serene and since this is the summer of my serenity I am checking out the yoga classes this week.  The yoga studio has a restorative yoga session that uses props and is slightly more physical that the normal yoga class, I am thinking that this might work better in the summer scheme.

In the past couple of weeks I ventured away from serenity by traveling to New York City for a day and Philly for the weekend and while it was wonderful to see my family and have my son fix my Mac issue I found that I truly missed my greenery and waterfall and being alone in the house in the country.  It was wonderful to wake up this morning having slept under a ceiling fan listening to the sounds of water rushing and absolute darkness (the home I stayed in Philly had an unusually large number of people so I slept on a couch in the basement with the sounds of compressors and people walking over my head).  I feel refreshed and ready to begin July.  Although I am very sad that this summer is moving so quickly.  I wonder how hard it will be to leave here in August and return to the "chaos" of the real world.

That was a fleeting moment and it's gone as quickly as it popped into my mind, the waterfall and Hercules purring have brought me back to serenity.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes serenity comes in different forms. Try to recognize them.

    ReplyDelete