Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Monday, July 18, 2011

While I search for Serenity - the world seems to be baking

I am sure that I don't need to state this but it's hot and it's only going to get hotter as this week progresses.  I thought that coming to the mountains and being close to water would lessen the heat of the summer but apparently this is not true.

The peacefully serene waterfall is now only a trickle and the only real relief is the pool.  I am finding it difficult to maintain serenity as I sweat.

I have decided that tomorrow I will give in to the need for some air conditioning and go to the mall and the movie theater and see the last Harry Potter movie.  While the mall's air conditioning will probably be very serene or at the most very comfortable, I am guessing that the movie will not be too serene since Voldemort has to die.  I did read all 7 books some more than once.

In the next few weeks my husband and I will be compelled to make some life altering decisions, most importantly will be where we will have to relocate to once September comes around and since we don't own a RV, I'm pretty sure it means an apartment in a city somewhere, only we don't know where as of today.

There is a part of me that has become very attached to this lifestyle and while I know in my brain that it cannot last forever, I am wondering how to maintain the serenity when I have to return to a city life.

Wow, it is pouring out and thundering, maybe this will revive the waterfall and lessen the heat a least for this evening.

I guess sometimes you can find serenity by wishing for nature to cooperate?

No comments:

Post a Comment