Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Happy Flowers in my Backyard

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finding a new home genie

I have just spent 2 days and many hours looking at apartments and town homes in order to locate a new venue for my serenity.  I am beginning to think that this is an impossibility, the venue not the serenity.

The summer home by the waterfall that has restored my peace of mind and my serenity was literally a stroke of luck and being online and the right time and place.  Now I need it to happen again.

When we sold our home the idea was to "downsize" a little, but what I have seen over the past few days would be downsizing a lot and I wouldn't be able to sell my furniture before it is moved to a "new" home due to the fact it is in containers at a moving/storage facility.  So what now?

One option is to lower my expectations on what I want, but why should I do that?  Throughout the summer of my serenity I have learned several beneficial lessons, most importantly although it's important to care for others you need to put yourself first from time to time.  I think that this is one of those times.  16 years ago I found a house that I liked, I was patient and when it dropped in price as I knew it would, we bought it and it became that home that all of the kids friends wanted to come hang out in and now I would like to feel the same sense of comfort, but a little smaller and no having to use a snow blower - I want the management to take care of that, along with mowing.  I really don't think this is too much to ask.

For the time being I am not panicking nor am I homeless, yet, but I really would like a fairy godmother or a genie to grant me the wish of continuing my serenity in a location that will fit most of my belongings along with 2 cats, a husband and once in awhile my children (there both adults and living on their own).   If that's not possible then could somebody please send me a town home with a dining room large enough for a table that seats 8.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lois,
    I have linked to you on my blog...
    http://rosa-i-think-i-will-stay.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for sharing.
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete